Our Blogs

Podiatrists In Perth Are Doing A Great Job In Treating Plantar Fasciitis
02Jan, 2018

Podiatrists In Perth Are Doing A Great Job In Treating Plantar Fasciitis

Any kind of heel pain is one of the most common forms of foot problems. The heel is the largest bone in the foot and thus, it receives the largest strain. Moreover, it is the first part of the foot that comes to contact. The foot has the ability to absorb the majority of the body weight and the arch area joint locking mechanism provides about 80 percent of the stability to the foot. The other 20 percent of biomechanical stability is provided by plantar fascia muscles, tendons and ligaments. Failure to this causes gait abnormalities which further lead to inflammation of the structures attached to the heel bone. This is the appropriate answer to your heel pain.
 
Plantar fasciitis 
Plantar fasciitis is a syndrome of pain that happens at the site of the attachment of the plantar fascia muscle and the calcaneus (heel bone). Do you know that 80 percent of the heel pain is caused by plantar fasciitis and over two million Australians are treated every year for plantar fasciitis? It has been seen more in women rather than men, mostly in the age group of 40 to 60 years.
 
If you are a victim of plantar fasciitis, go straight to a podiatry service in Perth to help release the pain with their unique treatments that are performed naturally. 
 
Causes of plantar fasciitis 
Plantar fasciitis is caused from small tears and inflammation in the wide band of tendons and ligaments which start from the heel to the ball of the foot. This entire band forms an arch in the heel and also serves as a shock absorber when you jump or hit something with your feet. Plantar fasciitis can also form from poor footwear, obesity, sedentary lifestyles and sports injuries. A patient suffering from such ailment experience pain at the bottom of the heel, especially when taking the first step in the morning, and/or after prolonged period of rest.
 
The healing process
Progressive conservative treatment options are offered from expert podiatrists in Perth which include significant amount of rest, strengthening the impaired muscle, stretching and massage, physical therapy and orthotics. As per the experts, it is important to always use shoe inserts and heel cups for at least a month after suffering from plantar fasciitis.
 
Remember, not to take anti-inflammatories (NSAIDs), steroid, corticosteroid injections and iontophoresis. Always focus on treating the ailment naturally even if the pain is severe.
 
For more information on podiatry, stay tuned to our blog space.
Share Post

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published.